Monday Proverbs; Wisdom for the Start of Your Week:
I love the book of Proverbs in the Bible. A proverb is a wise saying and God has plenty of wisdom to pass on to us if we will take the time to listen, comprehend and apply.
Here is a list I jotted down this morning while reading Proverbs chapters 11 and 12. This is simply the random thoughts that came to life in my soul as I read these verses of wisdom and I restated them in my own words. I hope they speak to you as much as they have me today.
- Fairness to others finds favor with God.
- Humility is blessed with wisdom.
- Integrity guides.
- Righteousness delivers from death.
- Righteousness makes your path straight, delivers from evils, rescues and grants you knowledge.
- The city rejoices when the righteous prosper.
- Gossip betrays confidence, a person who can keep a secret can be trusted.
- Victory is found in having many advisers speaking truth into your life.
- Sow righteousness —–you will reap rewards.
- The righteous are free.
- Give and it will be given to you.
- The wisest people in life are those who win souls for eternity.
- Live with eternity in mind!
- If you desire knowledge, you must embrace discipline.
- A husband glows in the presence of a good wife.
- The house of the righteous will stand firm against all storms.
- Even then animals know a righteous person, it is displayed in their actions.
- If you want a harvest, you must work…work hard…work your gifts/talents…work where you are planted.
- Watch what you say, your words can trap you.
- A fool thinks he has all the answers…the wise listens to advice.
- A quick tongue pierces hearts and minds, but wise words bring healing.
- You have the power to cheer up a soul…simply by speaking a kind word.
Don’t just take my word on it. Read Proverbs 11 and 12 and let the Holy Spirit speak His wisdom to your heart.
Have a great week!