This week we take a quick stroll through Proverbs 14: 1-12 and highlight some of the nuggets of wisdom found there. I’ve jotted down the thoughts of how each verse spoke to me as I read through them.
Proverbs 14: 1-12 restated in my own words
- The strength and integrity of your home is up to you. Use wisdom and build a strong home, act foolish and you will tear it down.
- We are all going to stand before God someday. Remember that and it will help you make good decisions. What we do now, matters in eternity!
- Be quick to hear and slow to speak. Those who run off at the mouth quickly, usually say things they wish they could take back later.
- If you want to go to a higher level, you have to work hard where you are.
- People want to be around someone who is real, not fake. The beauty of the Gospel is that God can take imperfect people and make a masterpiece out of their lives.
- Most decision making is simply gathering the facts. Look at something from every angle before you make a decision.
- Blessings are in store for the one who recognizes their sin and confesses it. The one who mocks at repentance lingers in their sin.
- When a heart is bitter and grieving, only God knows what you are going through.
- Life has two paths, one is broad and is the most popular, however, it leads to death and destruction. The other is narrow, it is the way of Christ and leads to life and righteousness.
One thought on “Monday Proverbs for March 13, 2017”
I love the blog or whatever it’s called